Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Triathlon Rules and other Triathlon topics.
Can I wear headphones during the race?
There are too many triathlon rules to address in this tip book, but below are several other simple yet important rules to keep in mind. If broken, each of these rule infractions result in time penalties or disqualification.
- The use of headphones, radios, and personal audio devices are strictly prohibited during the bike and run.
- It is illegal to sell your race number/entry to someone else. If caught, punishment includes suspension or loss of USA Triathlon membership, plus being barred from participation in sanctioned events for up to one year.
- Participants shall be disqualified for using any device that aids propulsion during swim, including but not limited to fins, paddles, or floating devices.
- Handlebar ends should be firmly plugged to decrease the possibility of injury. Bar ends are routinely checked prior to entering the transition area.
- Outside assistance from family, friends, or spectators of any kind are prohibited on the course.